This recipe can be made with any meat of your preference. This time, I used pork as the meat of my preference. However, you can use this rice dish without any meat. Further, although egg is an essential ingredient of this recipe, if you are a vegetarian, you can definitely prepare this without eggs.
- 6 – 8 cups of steamed rice (Preferrably, Basmati rice or Samba rice. But you can definitely use any variety of a white rice)
- 400 – 500g of any choice of meat cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1 onion – chopped in to small pieces
- 1 large leak – finely chopped
- 1 large Carrot – grated or cut in to thin small pieces
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic (don’t use garlic paste)
- 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp of sesame oil (optionaly)
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil as needed
How to Make Garlic Rice
First, slightly salt the cut meat and deep fry them until golden color and keep them aside for later use. I normally add ½ tsp of salt for 500g of meat and let it aside for 5 minutes before start frying.
Now, warm 3 tbsp of cooking oil under medium heat and start stir frying the onions and ginger for a minute or 2. Then, push them to a side of the pan, making some space, and bring in the two eggs.
Now, make scrambled eggs without mixing with the rest in the pan. Once it’s done, lower the heat and bring in the rice and the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix all well.
Now, increase the heat level and start stir frying, rigorously. Continue this for about 4 minutes.
Remember, as rice may stick to the cooking surface of the pan, make sure to stir efficiently. One other thing, you only add all the raw vegetables, garlic, salt, pepper and the rest on to the rice and then mix. You should not add them to the oil or to the egg mix directly. Now what’s left is to enjoy your dish.